Traditional Jaunting Car Tour
No visit to Killarney would be complete without taking a Jaunting Car Tour of Killarney National Park. Renowned for their wit and charming storytelling, a local jarvey will guide you through the park on a horse drawn cart regaling you with local history, stories of old and Irish legends.
The Jaunting Car is an absolutely unique way of touring the National Park; perfect for families and those less able bodied who wish to see the sight without having to take the route on foot.
The Jaunting Cars and available tours are located at the below locations:
- The Ha-Ha Killarney Town Centre – From here you can tour The National Park, Ross Castle and Kenmare Estate
- The First Entrance Gates to Muckross (car park on the left hand side) on the Main Muckross Road. From here you can tour the beautiful Muckross House & Gardens – other routes are also available to lengthen your journey if you wish
- Muckross House & Gardens – From here you can tour Muckross Abbey, Muckross House and the glorious Torc Waterfall
- Torc Waterfall – From here the jaunting car will take you around Muckross Gardens and Lakes
- Gap of Dunloe – If you are doing the gap of Dunloe tour, the Jaunting Car will bring you from the base of the gap, to the top and down the other side, residing at Kate Kearney’s Cottage.