Ireland has a superb choice of destinations fully equipped to host conferences, meetings and events, with a Convention Bureau in each region who will be delighted to assist with all your planning needs.
Killarney is the ultimate conference & events location; stunningly located on the outskirts of 26,000 acres of Natural Parkland, Mountains and three glorious lakes. An inspiring destination coupled with the facility to host from 25 – 2,500 delegates makes Killarney the perfect place to do business.
Killarney has been welcoming visitors and delegates for centuries; hospitality is borne in to the people, the place and the welcome. These qualities are mirrored throughout the industry sector; Killarney hotels were voted amongst the best in the world by Trivago 2016. Killarney has the second largest concentration of accommodation in Ireland, after Dublin. The meeting facilities within these hotels are top class, with such a diverse range to choose from you are guaranteed to find a venue that will suit your group’s requirements.
What makes Killarney unique?:
- 2,500 hotel rooms – highest concentration of 4 & 5 star hotels in Ireland
- Home to Killarney Convention Centre – Ireland’s second largest Convention Centre – with a capacity of up to 2,500 delegates and uniquely has 500 bedrooms on site
- A beautiful town at the heart of a 26,000 acre National Park
- Expertise at local venues in staging extraordinary banquets and events
- Innovative and memorable social programmes
- Free Wi-Fi as standard throughout Killarney venues Killarney is so compact that venues are in walking distance making it a resort type destination
- Safe & Inspiring Destination (A Winning Purple Flag Town)
- Killarney was named in the top 10 Tourist Destinations in the World, by Trivago
Killarney is home to Kerry Convention Bureau (KCB); a non-profit organisation dedicated to promoting Killarney and Co. Kerry as an exciting and unique conference and events location. The KCB are comprised of a membership of local trade partners across all sectors who come together to compete and deliver fabulous events. For event planners and conference organisers seeking impartial advice and local knowledge of the Kerry area, this is where the KCB can really strengthen your proposal and be the wild card for decision makers.
Kerry Convention Bureau assists with the following:
- Request For Proposals (RFP)
- Site Inspections
- Hotel, Conference & Meeting Venue referrals
- Social Programme Itineraries
- Familiarisation Trips
- Assistance with bid preparation documents
- In-depth knowledge and insight into the area, services and activities
- Partnering with local trade
And so on, the Bureau is available at no cost to assist with your group and to ensure that the event is delivered to meet and surpass your expectations.
Killarney is also home to the award winning Killarney Convention Centre (KCC); a purpose built auditorium capable of hosting conferences and events up to 2,500 delegates. The centre consists of a 4,500m square floor space with an impressive reputation of catering for such diverse and challenging events. The team in the KCC can turn the space from a lecture theatre into a gala dinner venue in just 40 minutes! With the conference space also brings options for break out rooms, press rooms and designated areas for large registration days.